Attorney ProfilePaul Thomas Hlavinka
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics and Political Science), Rice University, 1973.
- Master of Arts (Journalism), University of Texas, Austin, 1977.
- Juris Doctor, University of Texas, Austin, 1977.
Admitted to practice in the following Jurisdictions:
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas, 1977;
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit,
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 1981.
- Member: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 1992.
- Member: Houston Bar Association
- Member: American Bar Association.
- Section memberships include: International; Real Estate, Probate and Trust; Oil & Gas; Corporate
- Hlavinka & Associates, Attorneys, Houston, Texas, 1994-present, attorney/owner.
- Morris & Hlavinka, Attorneys, Houston, Texas, 1979-1994, attorney, partner.
- Atchley, Russell, Waldrop & Hlavinka, Texarkana, Texas, 1975-78, briefing clerk/attorney.
- The University of Texas, Department of Journalism, Austin, Texas, 1974-77, instructor/teaching assistant.
- The Houston Post Co., Houston, Texas, 1971-73, administrative assistant/reporter.
- Director and Secretary, Czech Educational Foundation of Texas, 1996-present;
- Director, Association of Rice University Alumni, 1988-91;
- Director, Rice University Friends of Fondren Library, 1990-1993;
- Regional Admissions Committee, State Bar of Texas, 1982-1994;
- Institute of International Education; Houston Foreign Affairs Council;
- Secretary/Director, the Jabboury Foundation for Cancer Research, 1993-present;
- Editor and publisher, The Rice Football Webletter , 1998-present;
- Rice Owl Club Honorary Coach;
- Member, Rice Associates;
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest (Marquis), 1989-present
- U.S. Air Force Reserve, 1970-76.
- German: Zertifikat Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Goethe-Institut und Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband E.V., 1990.
- Spanish: Three years of university-level language instruction.
- Czech: Osvedcení, Jazykový Kurs, Ceskoslovenský Ústav Zahranicní, Praha, 1991.